This is a simple utility kilt made from a good quality cloth, stitched on the inside so that the pleating stays in place. Our kilt is made of the best heavyweight cotton twill to give the required substance and swing. This kilt has 2 large front pockets, the waistband wraps at the front and fasten with 2 brass buttons. We keep it plain so you can add your own sporan, belts, pins etc.
Waist measurement – a kilt is worn at the natural waist – at the level of the navel, so it is important that you measure around here. (Modern trousers are worn low – so your kilt waist size is not the same as your trouser size.)
Adjustable fit – kilt waist has extra buttons that allow for 2” either way, so should you lose or gain weight
- 32″ waist kilt will fit a waist size from 30″ to 34″ waist
- 36” waist kilt will fit a waist size from 34″ to 38″ waist
- 40″ waist kilt will fit a waist size from 38″ to 42″ waist
The proper length of a kilt is navel to kneecap- kneel on the floor and measure from where the waistband will sit to the top or centre of the kneecap. If you are very tall or have long legs you may want extra length. Standard length is 24″. If you need your kilt to be longer or shorter please email us to discuss.
Our kilt is pleated from a single piece of twill and attached to a 3″ wide waistband.
It has :
– 3 buttons to fasten at each side of the front
– 5 belt carriers – deep enough to fit a 3.5″ belt.
– a generous overlap of 12″ wraparound at the front to preserve your modesty
– 16 single directional pleats sewn down 6″ from top
– a 1″ hem to give weight to the garment
– a pin tuck seam on the inside of each pleat to preserve the pleating
– a extra pleat at the centre front under apron, to make the kilt sit well on the male figure
– 2 bellows pockets with buttoned flaps fixed to the waistband- 7″ x 6″ x 1.25″ deep
Our kilt is made from quality twill supplied by our local merchant Brisbane Moss of Eastwood near Todmorden.
Alternative colours – we can make you a kilt in dark brown or khaki or coloured twill – please ask
Washing – we recomend a gentle machine wash (wool cycle), short spin followed by line dry.