Loomstate linen shirt, extra long
This fabric is loom state linen, which means neither finished nor dyed.
A soft shade of white like milky coffee, it is a fine, slightly blousy fabric.
We have pre-washed it to minimise further shrinkage – best to wash at 30 degrees.
A long shirt, 8″ longer than our other plain linen shirts, but more historically correct.
Some people may sleep in it – just as men would have done 200 years ago.
Cut to an historic pattern with the front and back cut as a single piece, it features neck and underarm gores. There is gathering at the wrists and sleeve head and a re-enforcing panels across the shoulders. Shirt pulls on over the head.
The garment comes in the following sizes, all generously proportioned:
– Extra Small: Cross garment 20.5″, back length 35″, front length 33″, neck 14.5″
– Small: Cross garment 21.5″, back length 36.5″, front length 34.5″, neck 15″
– Medium: Cross garment measures 25″, back length 39″, front length 37″,neck 16″
– Large : Cross garment 27.5″, back length 40.5″, front length 39″ – to suit a man who usually wears a large shirt, , neck 17″
– X Large : Cross garment 30″, back length 42″, front length 40″ – to suit a tall or broad man who usually wears an extra large shirt, neck 18″
XXL – made to order only – our XL is generous and loose and is usually big enough so I only make XXLs to order with sleeve lengths and collars to fit